Doctor insights on:
Can I Take Doxycycline For The Flu
I had what felt like the flu then i was better and day 6 severe cough an breathing problems. I took doxycline but now have azithromycin. Which 2 take?
WAS PRESCRIBED?: Were you prescribed these antibiotics by your doctor or you arw taking without doctors prescr[ption we do not know what condition you are taking the antibiotics if you have sinusitis or bronchitis or pnewmonia aziyhromycine is better in the correct dose, if not done i will advice you to consult your doctor as to what you are taking antibiotic for, theae two antibiotics are not indicated for flu. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Flu: If you have the flu hydrate well w water, herbal teas, soup or juice. Drink sufficiently to have pale to light yellow urine. You can use pain relievers like tylenol or nsaid’s. Rest a lot! in some situations antiviral medications (tamiflu, relenza, flumadine) may be prescribed within the first couple of days of symptoms to hasten healing or they can be used after flu exposure to prevent illness. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Various: High dose probiotics to rebuild normal gut bacteria which keep you healthy, high dose vitamin d to rev up immune system (50, 000 iu vit d3 daily for 3 days), olive leaf extract to rev up immune system, and chicken soup for comfort (it really does help treat it as well!). Once better make sure you maintain your daily probiotic and vit d at least 5000iu daily to maintain a blood level around 75. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
See below: Fluids and rest is best.Get a more detailed answer ›
Vaccine and anti: Viral medication. Anti-virall medications, requiring prescription, can shorten the illness by a couple of days if started early. Best thing to do is to get vaccinated to prevent flu. See this site for more info. http://www.cdc.gov/flu/professionals/antivirals/. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can i take for the flu while breastfeeding?
- What can i take for the stomach flu?
- Can i take antibiotics and pain medication at the same time for mastitis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i take tylenol for flu when i am 3 months pregnant?
- Im pregnant what over-the-counter can i take for a sinus infection
- What can i take for stomach flu?
- Can i take 5 htp in the morning for insomnia?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free