Doctor insights on:
Can I Take Claritin And Benadryl At The Same Time
Antihistamines: They are both antihistamines, so i wouldn't take them together. They both act similarly, so their effect would be too much together. ...Read more
Antihistamines: Best to take one at a time, and see if it's working or not. Doubling up doesn't always lead to better results. ...Read more
Probably: This combination is usually safe, but individual factors may influence this. Consult your doctor to deal with your specific circumstances. ...Read more
"Can I": "I" is the catch in your question. I can't give advice to you in particular. The answer depends on your other known conditions and the Celexa dose. For an otherwise healthy person, 30mg daily of Celexa or less plus an antihistamine at standard dose carries a low risk for heart problems. Discuss with your doctor and the pharmacist dispensing the Celexa before going forward with the combo. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: These are the same class of medication and probably should note be used together. ...Read more
Not best idea: Nyquil has an antihistamine in it already, and benadryl (diphenhydramine) is an antihistamine so you run the risk of overdosing on the antihistamine component. This may cause drowsiness, dryness and can possibly effect respiratory drive. So, not a good idea to take both together. ...Read more
You shouldn't: Both medications are in the same class called non-sedating antihistamines and are effective for 24 hours. They should not be taken at the same time. ...Read more
Yes: Yes. Healthy 21 yo with no other meds no issues. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- Can you take claritin and benadryl at the same time?
- Can i take claritin and zyrtec at the same time?
- Can i take allegra and claritin at the same time?
- Can i take zyrtec and benadryl at the same time?
- Can i take benadryl and singulair at the same time?
- Can i take benadryl at same time as hydrocodone?
- Benadryl and claritin at same time
- Can i take claritin d and dayquil at the same time?
- Can i take claritin and sudafed at the same time?