Doctor insights on:
Can I Take Benadryl With Claritin
Not recommended: Claritin is a slow release, non-sedating antihistamine. Benadryl (diphenhydramine) is a faster onset sedating antihistamine. Taking both will have additive effects and possible adverse effects such as sedation. It is not recommended that you take both of these without the guidance of your doctor. If the Claritin is not adequate for your symptoms, there are many other medications that can be prescribed to help. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Probably yes.: Many people report their 'daily' non-sedating antihistamine in the am does not provide relief until next am. So, if no concerns for gu/heart/bp/med-conflict issues, then they often take a 'sedating' antihistamine at night for continued symptom relief and 'bonus' of sleep aid effect. ...Read more
Not really: These are both antihistamines. If both are needed then physician guidance should be sought. ...Read more
Claritin (loratadine) and Benadry: Hello. You can take both. Dedications at the recommended doses on the same day. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i take claritin and benadryl?
- Can i take benadryl with claritin 24 hour?
- Can i take benadryl and claritin together?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you take claritin and benadryl?
- Can you take benadryl with claritin?
- Can i mix claritin and benadryl?
- Can you take claritin and benadryl at the same time?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free