Doctor insights on:
Can I Take Any Antibiotics With Alcohol
Wait 24-48: To be safe and to let the antibx work most effectively, wait 24-48 hours, than you can drink etoh in moderation and responsibly only. Best wishes. ...Read more
Can I drink alcohol while taking Nitrofurantoin 100mg for a UTI? I wanna drink this weekend and my last day to take this antibiotic is Saturday.
No contraindication: However, since alcohol use may be associated with sexual disinhibition, and "athletic" or vigorous sexual activity is associated with UTI's in women, would exercise caution on that front. Alcohol does reduce our body's immune response to infections, and does have some interactions with some antibiotics (taking it with Flagyl can be dangerous), there is no problem with nitrofurantoin. ...Read more
Clindamycin & ETOH: While there is no direct adverse effect of consuming alcohol while on Clindamycin therapy, many antibiotics, including Clindamycin can cause varying levels of GI upset. Adding alcohol can aggravate this GI upset. I would suggest moderation in your alcohol consumption. ...Read more
Depends on the med: Doxycycline is less effective with chronic alcohol use. Rifampin and Isoniazid can be more toxic to the liver combined with alcohol. There likely are more interactions; these should be included in the drug information sheet that accompanies the antibiotic. If in doubt, avoid alcohol. If heavy drinker, may need to ask doctor for advice regarding cutting down; stopping suddenly can be dangerous. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i drink alcohol with antibiotics?
- Can i have alcohol with antibiotics?
- Can i mix alcohol with antibiotics?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i take nexium with antibiotics?
- Can i take acidophilus with antibiotics?
- Can i take ibuprofen with antibiotics?
- Can i take a probiotic with an antibiotic?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online