Doctor insights on:
Can I Take An Antihistamine And A Decongestant Together
Is it safe to take an antihistamine and a decongestant everyday to help combat chronic sinus infections?
In general, yes: Improving nasal function will decrease the incidence and severity of sinusitis. If you are allergic and congested then a combination of an antihistamine decongestant can be of help. So can intranasal steroids and other measures. If you have recurrent infections an allergy evaluation and a good ENT evaluation can be of great benefit. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
My doctor told me not to take antihistamines before allergy test but I've been taking nasonex and Otrivin decongestant is that ok?
Okay: A number of medications should be discontinued prior to allergy skin testing. Steroid nasal sprays like nasonex may be continued. Otrivine is a nasal decongestant which should only be used for temporary relief of symptoms may be continued. Escitalopram and inhalers and nebulizers may be continued. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Dry eyes. Can't take decongestant or antihistamine for sinus infection. Will Sinoclear serve the purpose of unclogging sinus n post nasal drip?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i take an antihistamine and a decongestant?
- Can i take antihistamine and decongestant together?
- Can you take an antihistamine and a decongestant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you take antihistamines and decongestants together?
- Can i take claritin and zyrtec together?
- Can i take pseudoephedrine and phenylephrine together?
- Can i take allegra and zyrtec together?
- Talk to a dermatologist online