Doctor insights on:
Can I Take An Antihistamine And A Decongestant Together
Is it safe to take an antihistamine and a decongestant everyday to help combat chronic sinus infections?
In general, yes: Improving nasal function will decrease the incidence and severity of sinusitis. If you are allergic and congested then a combination of an antihistamine decongestant can be of help. So can intranasal steroids and other measures. If you have recurrent infections an allergy evaluation and a good ENT evaluation can be of great benefit. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
My doctor told me not to take antihistamines before allergy test but I've been taking nasonex and Otrivin decongestant is that ok?
Okay: A number of medications should be discontinued prior to allergy skin testing. Steroid nasal sprays like nasonex may be continued. Otrivine is a nasal decongestant which should only be used for temporary relief of symptoms may be continued. Escitalopram and inhalers and nebulizers may be continued. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Dry eyes. Can't take decongestant or antihistamine for sinus infection. Will Sinoclear serve the purpose of unclogging sinus n post nasal drip?
Need More Info: It is probably not serious, but you cannot determine the seriousness of a disease just by knowing the recommended medications. I do not usually give my patients decongestants for long term use due to side effects like insomnia, agitation, elevated blood pressure, and heart rate. They are ok for short term use or when you are sick for a few days. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i take an antihistamine and a decongestant?
- Can i take antihistamine and decongestant together?
- Can you take an antihistamine and a decongestant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you take antihistamines and decongestants together?
- Can i take claritin and zyrtec together?
- Can i take pseudoephedrine and phenylephrine together?
- Can i take allegra and zyrtec together?
- Talk to a dermatologist online