Doctor insights on:
Can I Take Allegra And Claritin At The Same Time
You can but: Both are non sedating antihistames take one or , too many pills not good. You can take them 12 hrs apart just for 5--7 days oce or twice a year. ...Read more
You shouldn't: All of those medications are in the same class called non-sedating antihistamines. They should not be taken at the same time. ...Read more
Yes: Mix and match is okGet a more detailed answer ›
Yes, but use caution: What are you taking them for is most important. Oral antihistamines can cause drowsiness although Allegra (fexofenadine) does not cross the blood brain barrier. The best treatment is to see an allergist for specific treatment. Also, choose whichever antihistamine works best and you can use this twice daily instead of one of each. ...Read more
My MD once told me it takes 3--4 weeks for Allegra to actually work. Is this true? Is this the same for other allergy meds like Zyrtec and Claritin (loratadine)?
AntihistamineS: In general work within an hourGet a more detailed answer ›
Not necessary: Both Allegra (fexofenadine) and Claritin (loratadine) are new generation antihistamines. There is no particular advantage to taking both together. On the other hand, there is probably no harm either. If symptoms are not controlled with antihistamines, see your doctor to confirm your diagnosis and get appropriate treatment. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Not recommended: Those are both drugs of the same classification , antihistamines. They should not be taken together, one or the other. If you need more help with your allergies, you should see your primary care doctor, an allergist, or an ENT allergist. There are many other rx that can be used. You could benefit from allergy testing and a detailed nasal and sinus exam. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i take claritin and sudafed at the same time?
- Can i take claritin and zyrtec at the same time?
- Can i take claritin and benadryl at the same time?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you take allegra and zyrtec at the same time?
- Can you take claritin and benadryl at the same time?
- Can i take allegra and claritin together?
- Can i take claritin and zyrtec in the same day?
- Talk to an allergist online for free