Doctor insights on:
Can I Stop My Period Once Its Started
The menstrual cycle begins with the shedding of the uterine lining, resulting in bleeding from the vagina. A few weeks later, one ovary releases an egg and the uterine lining thickens in preparation for a potential pregnancy. Pregnancy can occur at this stage if sperm fertilizes the egg. If the egg is not fertilized, the egg will leave your body and ...Read more
Depo bleeding common: The bleeding patterns with depoprovera are unpredictable. For some in takes the period away. For others it causes irregular bleeding. There is no "normal" for Depo-Provera users. The longer you are on it the higher the chance of no periods. The Mirena (levonorgestrel) iud may be a better option for you if you want to avoid pregnancy and increase your chances of stoping your periods. ...Read more
Need more info...: This is a complicated question that depends on your age, and desire for future fertility, etc. There are surgeries that permanently end your periods: Hysterectomy, endometrial ablation. You can get a Mirena (levonorgestrel) IUD. Over 50% of women on MIrena (levonorgestrel) stop having periods in 1 year. If you want to stop for a honeymoon, you can do some things with your birth control pills. Re-ask with specifics. ...Read more
For medical reasons: We will stop periods with hormonal therapy for medical reasons before it starts and sometimes when they are extremely heavy. However, there is no practical way for you to stop your period on your own once it has started. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can stop my period once its started?
- How to stop my period once its started?
- How to stop your period once its started?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to stop my period once it has started?
- Can u stop your period once it starts?
- Can you stop your period once started?
- How can you stop a period once it starts?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free