Doctor insights on:
Can I Skip School If Conjunctivitis
Conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the thin mucous membrane that lines the front surface of the eyeball and the inside of the eyelids. As the inflammation increases, it causes the tiny blood vessels in the conjunctiva to dilate, thus leading to a redness of the eye. Depending on the cause of the conjunctitis there can also be itching, irritation, and discharge ...Read more
I would miss!: Viral conjuctivitis is quite virulent. I would miss for several days, so you can't transfer to others! ...Read more
Wait...: ...1 week.Get a more detailed answer ›
School rules!?: Depends on school rules. Some make you stay home until you've taken antibiotics for at least 1 day. Doesn't make sense since most pink eye is caused by viruses, which antibiotics don't treat. But school rules are rules. Otherwise, you can go to school. You're contagious as long as your eyes are goopy or you cough/sneeze. Be nice. Cover your mouth/nose. Wash hands. A lot. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Generally no.: Each school has its own policy regarding return to school with pink eye and usually recommend Rx for a least 24 hours due to its contagious nature. Pink eye generally refers to infectious conjunctivitis, which could be viral or bacterial, and when the eye is itchy, it is easy to transmit germs by hand contact. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you go to school with conjunctivitis?
- How can i skip a period?
- What can i use for conjunctivitis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Working with conjunctivitis
- If i have conjunctivitis should i go to school doctor says ok but principal no
- What can i do to skip my period?
- Can i skip perimenopause and go straight to menopause?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free