Doctor insights on:
Can I Run While Having A Hernia
Depends on…: Location & size of hernia as well as whether it is at risk for incarceration (entrapment of loop/s of bowel). If it is small & easily reducible, wearing support to protect the hernia should allow you to run. If hernia worsens after running, see fp/surgeon about possible repair surgery. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
If it helps.: A hernia belt may help support an area where a hernia is present, which can minimize the discomfort related to the hernia. Furthermore, it may reduce the risk of bowel getting stuck in the hernia, although this is unproven. Ultimately, the best thing to do would be to have the hernia surgically repaired--at 32, you are awfully young for wearing a hernia belt. Good luck! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Does running require the use of supporters? I run 2-3 kms at the speed of 9kmph.Can this lead to hernia
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i run with an inguinal hernia?
- Can i run if i have an ovarian cyst?
- How long after a hernia surgery can i run?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you have sex while you have a groin hernia?
- Does having a hernia run in families?
- How can i treat a hernia while pregnant?
- Can i run after having my wisdom teeth pulled?
- Talk to a general surgeon online for free