Doctor insights on:
Can I Nurse With Scars On My Nipples
How much will cost to realign my displaced nipples from a badly conducted fat reduction surgery on male chest? It still hurts with large scar marks
My nipples are often really itchy. I scratch and now there are dark marks/scars. I am really worried?
Please see: Please see your dermatologist for evaluation and to discuss treatment options. ...Read more
Ductogram: There may not be any way to tell if a nipple duct is clogged unless one does a ductogram. This involves injecting dye into a duct using a fine catheter which is quite involved and tedious. Why do you need to know? If you worry about breastfeeding, you have several dozen ducts which can provide milk. ...Read more
I have cyst-like bumps near my nipples that do not itch or hurt. I can squeeze the white contents out but they keep filling up. Scars. What do I do?
Unlikely...: There's lots of blood flow to nipples, so they should be able to heal. A dermatologist may be able to help prescribe a treatment that will held the traumatized area to recover. ...Read more
I have an old round dark scar from infant biting during nursing on my nipple, is over a year old noticed tonight it is larger, should i be worried?
No: The scar may be "maturing" or demonstrating an increase in the amount of fibrous tissue. If the area continues to become larger or painful see a healthcare professional. ...Read more
Surgeon: I would suggest a plastic surgeon who is familiar with nipple reconstructive surgery. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can little blue veins on my legs go away or am i stuck with them?
- How can i get rid of scar tissue on my cervix?
- How can i stop chewing on my lip and biting it with my teeth?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why did i scar after having laser on my chin and what can i do about it?
- Are there exercises i can do with my cast on?
- What can i do with bulging veins on my calves?
- Can i get pregnant with a cyst on my ovary?
- How can i remove a scar on my eyelid after a chalazion surgery?