Doctor insights on:
Can I Have Lasik If I Have Marfans Syndrome
Not usually: Marfan's snydrome affects the collagen in the body. In addition to risk of lens problems, the cornea (which is made mostly of collagen) can remain unstable throughout life. This can cause prescription changes after lasik, as well as other corneal problems. It is not recommended to have laser vision correction in patients with marfan's. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Marfan's syndrome: It is a broad topic. Difficult to cover here. Please refer to the site: http://en.Wikipedia.Org/wiki/marfan_syndrome. ...Read more
Build a team: Marfan syndrome is a complex condition that requires a team of experts in genetics, ophthalmology, and cardiology to establish or exclude the diagnosis. A good place to start is with your primary care provider and with some help from the national marfan foundation. Their website has a section written especially for someone like you: http://www.Marfan.Org/marfan/2406/diagnosis#suspect. ...Read more
Varies by severity: People with mild marfan syndrome symptoms probably live a pretty normal lifespan. Those with severe symptoms can die from heart valve problems, rupture of the aorta, tension pneumothorax, etc..., before they reach old age. Of course, those with moderate symptoms will have a lifespan in between. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Maybe not: A marfan syndrome woman has a 50% chance of having a marfan syndrome baby, if the father of the baby is "normal". During pregnancy, the woman needs close monitoring because she is at increased risk of rupturing her aorta (often fatal). For these reasons, she may not want to become pregnant. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i eat healthy if i have oral allergy syndrome?
- How can i tell if i have early carpal tunnel syndrome?
- Can i take a test to see if my fetus will have down syndrome?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I have marfan syndrome is there tests that can prolong my life expectancy
- Can i get pregnant if i have polycystic ovarian syndrome?
- Can i keep running if i have piriformis syndrome?
- Can i get cosmetic laser hair removal if i have vitiligo?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free