Doctor insights on:
Can I Have Flaxseed If Diverticulosis
The seed of the flax plant is very high in omega 3 fatty acids which are beneficial for health. They are most nutritious if 1-2 t are soaked in 2-4 t of water and blended into a drink or added into food. Ground flaxseeds are a nutritious source of fiber that can be added to food. They come as golden or brown. Their nutty taste make a delicious addition to foods ...Read more
Not specifically: The condition of diverticulosis is a highly common finding of small out-pouches in the wall of the colon, most commonly the sigmoid colon. But diverticulosis can affect the entire colon. Surgery is not performed unless there are complications such as repeated infections of diverticulitis, colon stricturing or narrowing, serious bleeding. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: Diverticulosis, the presence of little pockets in the wall of the colon does not usually require surgery. If these pockets, or diverticuli, cause symptoms, then surgery may be required. Lower abdominal pain with fevers can be caused by a burst pocket - this is what is called diverticulitits. Surgery for diverticulitis is needed for recurrent attacks or those that do not respond to antibiotics. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i eat quinoa if i have diverticulosis?
- What can you eat if you have diverticulosis or diverticulitis?
- Can you eat celery almonds if you have diverticulosis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i eat corn on the cob with diverticulosis?
- My doctor told me i have diverticulosis is it same as diverticulitis
- Can i take flaxseed oil and fish oil?
- Can i take flaxseed oil fish oil together?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online