Doctor insights on:
Can I Have De Quervain's Tenosynovitis In Both Hands
Yes: If you overuse both thumbs too much, your tendons can protest by becoming inflamed. Especially with mega-texting! ...Read more
What is your job?: In general yes. Therapy usually does not required to stop work. You will need a correct diagnosis and some of the following: splinting, occupational therapy, medications and sometimes injections. It involves the tendon that extends the thumb. If your work might cause repititive injury to the tendon your job may need to be modified. In general therapy does not require not going to work. ...Read more
De quervains tenosynovitis, what physio excersises can I do, its not getting better a cortisone injection did not help, I have a splint and anti infla?
Depends: Those with mild symptoms can benefit from protective splinting, nsaids, icing and stretching. More severe cases, such as those seen after trauma or durning/after pregnancy usually don't respond to anything other than a corticosteroid injection. I treat many conditions with corticosteroid injections, but this is one of the few conditions that can actually be cured with one treatment. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i die from de quervain tenosynovitis if i ignore it?
- De quervain's stenosing tenosynovitis
- De quervain's tenosynovitis exercises
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do people with de quervain tenosynovitis have a lot of pain?
- What happens once you have de quervain tenosynovitis?
- De quervain's s tenosynovitis diagnosis
- De quervain's tenosynovitis surgery complications
- Talk to a orthopedic reconstructive surgeon online for free