Doctor insights on:
Can I Have Coffee Before A Fasting Blood Test
Can I consume black coffee prior to a blood test? I'm having a Complete metabolic panel drawn tomorrow which requires fasting.
Better to avoid it: It is better to not eat or drink any thing more than 8 hours, except taking water. For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex. ...Read more
Could just a coffee 40 mins before blood test for ESR and C reactive protein influence the results? Need to do these tests today bur forget fasting.
Three cups of black coffee before my fasting blood test. Potassium came in at 5.7. Could this be the cause. I'm healthy otherwise.
Yes: One cup won't change your results.Get a more detailed answer ›
You may: If thyroid blood test is the only test you are having, coffee is not likely to materially affect the results. Generally it is better to be fasting for lab tests. ...Read more
I am 18 i woke up and drank coffee with 2 teaspoons of sugar and i took a blood test and the result was 108 is it normal ?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i have coffee before a blood test?
- Can i have coffee if im fasting before blood work?
- Can i have water before a fasting blood test?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i drink before a fasting blood test?
- Can i have coffee before a cholesterol test?
- Can i drink coffee before a blood test?
- Can you drink coffee the morning you have a fasting blood sugar test?
- Talk to a pathologist online for free