Doctor insights on:
Can I Have Coffee Before A Fasting Blood Test
Could just a coffee 40 mins before blood test for ESR and C reactive protein influence the results? Need to do these tests today bur forget fasting.
Three cups of black coffee before my fasting blood test. Potassium came in at 5.7. Could this be the cause. I'm healthy otherwise.
No. : Have the test repeated. Blood cells can break down and release potassium. If the specimen was drawn in a way that traumatized the red blood cells, or if it sat around a long time before being tested, it will have an artificially high potassium. ...Read moreConnect with a doctor for a more personalized answer ›
Yes: One cup won't change your results.Get a more detailed answer ›
You may: If thyroid blood test is the only test you are having, coffee is not likely to materially affect the results. Generally it is better to be fasting for lab tests. ...Read moreConnect with a doctor for a more personalized answer ›
I drank a cup of coffee with cream and artificial sweetener before a blood test for diabetes, will this show up as diabetes?
Fasting: It is imperative to be fasting for at least 9 hours, preferably 12 hours before the test. ...Read moreConnect with a doctor for a more personalized answer ›
I am 18 i woke up and drank coffee with 2 teaspoons of sugar and i took a blood test and the result was 108 is it normal ?
Depends: Blood glucose is best monitored in fasting condition. You should have fasted at least 8 hours not taken anything other than water. This result is not interpretable due to your intake of coffee and sugar before the blood draw. ...Read moreConnect with a doctor for a more personalized answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i have water before a fasting blood test?
- Can i have coffee before a blood test?
- Can i take medication before a fasting blood test?
- What can you have before a fasting blood test?
- Can i drink water before a fasting blood sugar test?
- Can i take vitamins before a fasting blood test?
- Can i drink coffee before a cholesterol blood test?
- What can i eat before fasting for a blood test?
- Talk to a pathologist online for free