Doctor insights on:
Can I Have A Couple Of Drinks While On Metrogel
Caution advised: Can't drink at all with oral or IV metronidazole: can get violently ill from the drug interaction. Metrogel (facial) has minimal systemic absorption, but not impossible to have reaction. Metrogel (vaginal) has greater chance for systemic absorption, therefore more of a chance of an adverse reaction. I certainly wouldn't have a "couple" (or more) drinks. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Only if you want to: get incredibly sick. Metronidazole inhibits an enzyme called acetaldehyde dehydrogenase(ALDH). Alcohol is metabolized by alcohol dehydrogenase which makes acetaldehyde, a highly toxic intermediary. This is usually only present for microseconds in most people, and then is metabolized by ALDH into water and carbon dioxide. If the enzyme is blocked, acetaldehyde causes violent vomiting, flushing etc ...Read more
Metronidazoe+alcohol: Do not combine the two: you cna end up with liver damage. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you drink alcohol while using metrogel?
- Is it safe to have a couple of drinks while pregnant?
- Can i have one drink while pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Where can i buy metrogel
- Can you use metrogel while pregnant?
- Can i drink while on ibuprofen?
- Can i drink while on lyrica?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free