Doctor insights on:
Can I Grow Out Of Epilepsy When I Have Recently Been Diagnosed It
It's possible.: Depending on which type of epilepsy you have and what a recent eeg shows, it is possible. Generally, neurologists like to have patients be seizure-free and have normal eeg's for a few years before considering stopping medication. You and your doctor can discuss how long you need to go with normal eeg's and no seizures before a trial off medicine. ...Read more
Can I grow out of epilepsy if I am seizure free for 14 years been on Dilantin levels only 3.1 for 14 years have anxiety over this?
Discuss with doctor: This is a common issue you should discuss with your neurologist. It depends on the cause of your epilepsy. If you had only one seizure and normal mri, no cause found (called idiopathic epilepsy) your chances are good. But if you have a scar or lesion on your brain, your eeg is abnormal off dilantin, you have had brain surgery, etc., the issue is more complicated and doubtful. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Mom was recently diagnosed with epilepsy at age 53. Does this seem reasonable? I thought epilepsy usually starts during childhood/teen years?
Epilepsy: Epilepsy at older age can be due to a number of causes such as head trauma, intra cranial hemorrhage, vacular lesions such as aneurysms, strokes, tumurs, infections such as viral, bacterial or parasitic, abscesses etc. A complete evaluation & work by a neurologist is needed. Good luck ...Read more
My girlfriend recently was diagnosed with epilepsy. . What are the chances of it being a tumour causing seizures? Im very worried
Can my recently diagnosed epilepsy have to do with me having huntington's disease? Are seizures an early symptom of hd?
Mom recently diagnosed with epilepsy. 53 years old. Only seizure shes ever had. Shes now on medication. Can she still have a full life expenctancy?
Recently diagnosed with epilepsy, taking keppra currently on 500mg going up to 1500mg in 4 weeks times. Can i take paracetamol or neurofen headaches?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I have been out of shape since having my baby what can i do to get back in it
- I have been diagnosed a ganglion cyst what is it made of
- How long can i wait before having my mcl repair after it has been diagnosed?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I been having alot of chest pain what can it be
- I cant hear out of one ear what can it be
- I always have flaky things coming out of my ears what is it
- What does it mean when i have pain in the lower part of my pubic area?
- Talk to a neurologist online