Doctor insights on:
Can I Go Swimming Without Using A Tampon
When not on a period: The only time a woman needs a tampon when swimming is during her menstrual periods (about 1/5 of the year). The rest of the time, no tampon is needed. A pregnant woman should not need a tampon. A woman not worried about blood staining her swimsuit or clothing does not need a tampon when swimming in a river, lake, or ocean because the amount of water is infinitely larger than the amount of blood. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I will never use tampons, but i want to go swimming, should I just wear a swim suit and a pad with swim shorts over?
This summer I want to go swimming because I am traveling but I cannot use a tampon and my flow is EXTREMELY heavy. What do I do?
I am going swimming tomorrow but i just started my period and i don't like tampons, is there something else?
A menstrual cup: Is one possibility.Get a more detailed answer ›
Most comfortable: The best tampon is the one that is most comfortable for you. You may need to try different brands and sizes until you find one that suits you. ...Read more
I just used a new brand of tampon mini for about 1.5 to 2 hours while swimming, what is the chance of me developing TSS?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- When can i start using tampons after birth
- When can i start using tampons after childbirth
- Can i go swimming during my period?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i go swimming after a kidney transplant?
- Can i go swimming with pink eye?
- Can i go swimming while ovulating?
- Can i go swimming with a perforated eardrum?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free