Doctor insights on:
Can I Get Rid Of A Bunion Without Surgery
See below: There is no non-operative cure, but several things may alleviate symptoms and halt progression: wide, low healed shoes or custom made shoes; orthoses to improve support and alignment; night splinting to improve toe alignment, stretching to maintain joint mobility; bunion pads to decrease irritation; application of ice after activity to decrease inflammation; analgesics. Good luck! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I have been told by a podiatrist that the only way i can permanently get rid of corns is to have bunion surgery. Is this true?
Several things: The tendency to develop a bunion is often hereditary. However, poor foot support, improper fitting shoes, trauma, or many musckuloskeletal or neurological conditions all can be factors. The only way to "get rid" of a bunion is with surgical correction. The extent of the surgery needed depends on the severity of the deformity as well as any other contibutory conditions. Shoes/orthotics may help. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Treating bunions: There is no conservative treatment that will correct a bunion--so called bunion correction splints may ease some symptoms but will not "train" the toe to go straight. Wider shoes, a toe spacer, and tube foam are the most common ways to treat the pain and discomfort. Try those things to see if you can put off surgery for a while (or avoid it altogether!). ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i get rid of oral thrush without a prescription?
- How can i get rid of kidney stones by oral medicine without having surgery?
- How to get rid of a bunion without surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it possible to get rid of hemorrhoids without surgery or can i only help the symptoms?
- Can i get rid of a uti without antibiotics?
- Can i get rid of a bladder infection without antibiotics?
- How can i get rid of a dental abscess on my own no insurance now?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free