Doctor insights on:
Can I Get Pregnant While Having An Underactive Thyroid
I have a friend an whenever she exerts any energy she get really sick to her stomach and dizzy. I know she has an underactive thyroid.
When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more
Tests and Symptoms: Symptoms of low thyroid function are commonly fatigue, weight gain, heavy periods (females), dry skin, hair thinning and loss, depression and constipation. Tsh, free T3 (liothyronine) and free T4 (if TSH is borderline) as well as some other older tests like morning baseline temperature and tendon reflex testing can all detect low thyroid function. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes they are d same.: Take care! http://www.Medicinenet.Com/script/main/mobileart.Asp?Articlekey=914.Get a more detailed answer ›
No: Not likely.Get a more detailed answer ›
The thyroid gland is an endocrine organ located in the front part of the neck. Its role is to make thyroid hormones, which control the way cells use energy. Hyperthyroidism results when the thyroid gland is overactive and too much thyroid hormone is produced, which speeds up metabolism. This results in weight loss, a quick heartbeat, sweating, nervousness, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i get pregnant while having a miscarriage?
- I have low thyroid levels can i still get pregnant
- Can i get pregnant while i have my period?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i get pregnant while i have mirena inserted?
- Can i get pregnant or have surgery while taking warfarin?
- Can u get pregnant if u have thyroid problems?
- Can u get pregnant while having a miscarriage?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online