Doctor insights on:
Can I Get Lice From Airline Seats
Body lice (pediculus humanus corporis) are similar to head lice. These are tiny parasitic insects live on the clothes and can often be seen at the seams. They feed on the blood of the host, and can spread certain infections. Generally these are found in the homeless or those who are ...Read more
Treatment of lice: requires accurate identification of nits & / or lice. A pediculicide is usually used- OTC like Nix (permethrin) or RID or prescription meds like lindane or malathion. Work carefully through hair & remove individual nits. Purchase a special lice nit comb to aid you. Check for nits & remove as seen over the next 7 to 10 days. If there are nits after 7 to 10 days – a 2nd pediculicide tx may be needed. Wash > ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Salt water bathing: The only natural way to get rid of lice is regular (several times per day) swimming in salt water making sure the head gets soaked with the salt water. You can comb out lice but no natural product will get rid of them. Remember to wash your sheets, sterilize your house and take care of other family members at the same time. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i get psoriasis from airline seat?
- Can you get aids from toilet seats?
- How can i prevent myself from getting lice at work?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you get hemorrhoids from heated car seats?
- Can you get crabs from head lice?
- Can you get pubic lice from head lice?
- Can you get lice from a swimming pool?
- Talk to a pediatrician online