Doctor insights on:
Can I Get Lice From Airline Seats
Not usually: If a louse fell off on the seat and you immediately sat down and the louse attached, then yes. However, this would be very unlikely. This usually is sexually transmitted (close body contact) or through poor hygiene, contaminated clothing and unsavory living conditions. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
They like head hair: Tx of lice requires accurate identification of nits & / or lice. A pediculicide is usually used- otc like nix or rid or prescription meds like lindane or malathion. Work carefully through hair & remove individual nits. Purchase a special lice nit comb to aid you. Check for nits & remove as seen over the next 7 to 10 days. If there are nits after 7 to 10 days – a 2nd pediculicide tx may be needed. ...Read more
Special shampoo: Special shampoos, some available over the counter, are generally very effective in removing the lice infestation. Read the directions carefully- some require a second shampoo about a week later. Some say mayonnaise, olive oil or butter rubbed into the hair is effective, but there are no supporting scientific studies on these forms of treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Sexual transmission: The crab louse is usually transmitted sexually. It is most common in teenagers and young adults. It can also be acquired from fomites, such as contaminated clothing, towels, and linens. Acquisition from toilet seats is unlikely. It is commonly treated with a topical pediculocide, such as 1% Permethrin cream or a pyrethrin. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i get lice from dirty brush at a salon?
- How can i prevent myself from getting lice at work?
- Can i get psoriasis from airline seat?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i get a uti from my boyfriend?
- Can i get hiv from a cut?
- What can i do to get rid of stinky smell from my hand cast?
- Can i get a yeast infection from my boyfriend?
- Talk to a pediatrician online