Doctor insights on:
Can I Get Herpes If I Drink From The Cup Of Someone With It
Not likely: Herpes, as most other viruses, does not survive very long on inanimate objects. Obviously if you are drinking from a vessel used by someone with active herpetic lesions immediately before you, it is conceivable that transmission might occur, but this would not be a common event. ...Read more
There are different types of herpes infections; herpes simplex infection of mouth (gingivostomatitis) and lips (labialis) are the most common. Others include genital herpes, and herpes zoster. Herpes infection could very mild to very dangerous depending on the type and location of the body affected. I ...Read more
I was wondering if you can get herpes after drinking from the same cup by accident? there were no sores present at that time from what i could see.
Herpes simplex: Although nothing is impossible, transmission of Herpes virus through inanimate objects is highly improbable. You would seldom if ever get it from a cup. When my med students would say they got gonorrhea from a toilet seat I would tell them that it was a strange place to be having sex. ...Read more
If somebody with oral herpes has an open sore and was drinking from a cup of water then spilled that water into my leg that had a cut. Will i get it?
Not likely but: It is not likely but there is a remote possibility that the other person had an active herpetic lesion in the mouth and you drank immediately after he/she drank from the glass but i will not worry about it.Oral herpes causes cold sores and caused by type1 herpesvirus .Genital herpes is caused by type2 herpes virus. ...Read more
Herpes simplex: Virtually impossible, but since i never say never would say you have a better chance of being eaten by a shark in the rio grande. ...Read more
Can you get oral herpes from sharing a drink with someone that has herpes and is taking medication for it?
Yes: If someone has an active lesion (despite medication) transfer could be possible if the lips touch the same area on the glass. ...Read more
No: Unless there are more interesting convolutions to the story, no. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- If ive had mono can i get it again from someone else
- Can i get hepatitis if someone who has it kisses me on the cheek?
- How can i prevent getting the flu if someone else in my home might have it?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- If i sing with the whistle register too much can it damage my voice
- If i get head from someone with chlamydia
- Can i get cirrhosis of the liver by drinking pepsi or coke?
- I am taking a maoi how long after getting off of it can i start to drink beer
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free