Doctor insights on:
Can I Get Hepatitis If Someone Who Has It Kisses Me On The Cheek
Hepatitis is an inflammatory condition of the liver. Almost all cases are caused by viruses, including most commonly hepatitis a, hepatitis b, and hepatitis c, or by toxins (eg alcohol). The liver swells, it doesn't work properly leading to a failure to detoxify some biochemical substances, and a failure to excrete bilirubin, leading to jaundice. Some cases are fatal, ...Read more
No : It does not transmit by kissing.Get a more detailed answer ›
Details. Details.: That depends on which type of hepatitis, whether one is talking about "getting in contact with a virus" or about "getting the actual disease", which part of the body is being kissed, the conditions of the kisser's part of the body and of the kissee's part of the body, the immune status of the kisser, etc... There are many kinds of hepatitis and many kinds of kissing. ...Read more
Nope: Hepatitis C virus (HCV) is only known to be transmitted by direct blood contact. Even intercourse doesn't do it, even though hep C is often mischaracterized as an STD. (The frequency of HCV is no higher in the sex partners of infected people, if they don't also share drug injection equipment or otherwise have blood exposure.) There is no known risk via saliva or kissing. ...Read more
Herpes can be: Herpes is highly transmissible. If someone has a cold sore (herpes simplex type 1 usually) and they kiss someone, this infection can be transmitted. Hepatitis c virus cannot be transmitted by kissing. It is not even transmitted via heterosexual intercourse in most circumstances. Small amounts of blood transmit hcv. ...Read more
Can u get hep c from someone hugging you or kissing you on the cheek,just found out from of family has it n worried bad ?
No risk, no worries: Hepatitis C virus (HCV) is only transmitted by blood contact. Without blood exposure, household members of persons with HCV are not at risk. Even sex, although often said to be risky, almost never transmits the virus except with traumatic anal sex. Kissing, hugging, and sharing bathrooms, kitchens, or eating utensils are entirely free of risk. So no worries! Good luck. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can u get hepatitis if someone who has it drinks alcohol from same glass?
- Can i get herpes if i drink from the cup of someone with it?
- How can i prevent getting the flu if someone else in my home might have it?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- If someone is has a cold can i get sick if they cough around me
- Can you get hiv by kissing someone who has it?
- Can i kiss someone on the mouth without giving them hepatitis b?
- Can you get herpes from kissing on the cheek?
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free