Doctor insights on:
Can I Get Gangrene From Being Around It Or Touching An Infected Item
Several reasons: Gangrene is tissue death. Generally the cause is due to poor or disrupted blood supply due to cardiovascular disease (hardening of the arteries) or infection. Blood clots are also a cause. Gangrene can also be caused by external sources such as severe burns, both chemical and thermal (heat and cold (frostbite)). Certain conditions like diabetes, kidney failure, high cholesterol will increase risk. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Diabetes and Smoking: The two most common causes of peripheral arterial disease. Even in 2013, there is untreatable vascular disease, either due to limitations of medicine or patient non compliance. Don't smoke, stay active and healthy, and barring any congenital disease, the chance of developing gangrene is very low. ...Read more
Possibly: The processes which produce gangrene imply the loss of nutrient blood supply to tissue thru infection triggered blood clots, frostbite, etc. As the skin begins to break down the open areas could be contaminated by tetanus spores & tetanus germs could contaminate that wound & produce tetanus. However, gangreen can exist without tetanus germs & have a variety of other germs that are just as deadly. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i get rabies from an infected person or can i only get it from animals?
- Will i get an ugly scar from eyebrow piercing after it got infected
- Can i get an std by being coughed on by a infected person?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i get an std from touching?
- Can i get herpes if i drink from the cup of someone with it?
- Can you get a lazy eye from being too tired or sleepy?
- How can i get rid of swelling around my jaw caused by an ear infection?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online