Doctor insights on:
Can I Get Cirrhosis Of The Liver By Drinking Pepsi Or Coke
This organ plays a major role in metabolism and has a number of functions in the body, including glycogen storage, decomposition of red blood cells, plasma protein synthesis, hormone production, and detoxification. It lies below the diaphragm in the abdominal-pelvic region of the abdomen. It produces bile, an alkaline compound which aids in digestion via the emulsification of ...Read more
Yes: Yes, if you drink a lot on weekends. "binge drinkers" can get cirrhosis. ...Read more
Not universal: Not all patients who drink heavily develop alcoholic liver disease. However, the doctor can undoubtedly warn the patient who already has any form of alcoholic liver disease that continued alcohol use virtually guarantees that the disease will persist and likely worsen. Although many variables come into play, i believe a rough estimate of a chronic, heavy drinker getting cirrhosis is 30-40%. ...Read more
I have a non-alcoholic fatty liver. I am not a drinker and rarely do so, however i would like to enjoy a social drink a few times a year. Will i get cirrhosis from doing so? Will i get it eventually?
Husband has liver fibrosis bridging cirrhosis but stopped drinking. takes lactulose and stopped drinking three months ago.will disesase get better?
Hoping so!: I'm going to assume that alcohol is the sole cause, and that he's been checked for hemochromatosis, Wilson's, and hepatitis B and C. If he does choose to stop drinking, having a loving and forgiving wife will be the most wonderful support he can have. Cirrhosis does regress some on achieving sobriety. Hopefully his mind is still basically okay. Wishing you both the best. ...Read more
Is it possible I have cirrhosis? Im 18 binge drank for 3 years, i used to get tenderness in liver area after drinking, I've quit now.
Varies by person: It depends on genetic susceptibility, nutritional status, other diseases. I have a good idea. Let's not find out. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you get cirrhosis of the liver without drinking?
- Can i get herpes if i drink from the cup of someone with it?
- Can excess beer drinking cause cirrhosis of the liver?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it possible to get rid of hemorrhoids without surgery or can i only help the symptoms?
- The effects of aspartame poisoning from drinking diet coke or pepsi
- How can a person have cirrhosis of the liver if he is not a drinker or drug user?
- How can i get rid of the excess skin caused by my prior obesity?
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free