Doctor insights on:
Can I Get A Lingual Frenectomy While Having Wisdom Teeth
Ask your Dr: I see no reason not to do both if your doctor is up for it. I find it a bit unusual for anyone old enough to have wisdom teeth to consider this procedure(usually done in infancy). Some find it cosmeticly bothersome to have limited tongue protrusion, but if your speach is clear i wouldn't put it on a list of must haves. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
While i had my wisdom teeth extracted i suffered lingual nerve damage. I am wondering how long before this recovers?
What do you suggest if my wisdom teeth extracted and suffered lingual nerve damage. I am wondering how long before this recovers?
Can periapical xrays show location of the lingual nerve in relation to the lower wisdom teeth? Are they ever used in planning wisdom tooth extraction?
Wisdom teeth: There is no pain during the actual extraction because you will be numb but there will be some discomfort after. Take painkillers as prescribed by your dentist. To minimize further discomfort, use ice packs and warm compresses. Eat soft foods such as gelatin, etc. After the first day, you can rinse with warm salt water to reduce pain and swelling. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Consultation: Your dentist or surgeon who will be performing your surgery will likely discuss the procedure with you, including risks, possible complications, anesthetic options, and preoperative and postoperative instructions with you. As every office differs, it would be preferable to ask your dentist or surgeon any specific questions you may have so that they can be adequately addressed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i get my wisdom teeth removed while pregnant?
- Can i get teeth pulled while pregnant?
- Do i have to get my wisdom teeth pulled?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do i have to get my wisdom teeth removed?
- What can i eat after having my wisdom teeth removed?
- Can i run after having my wisdom teeth pulled?
- Can i get my wisdom teeth removed with braces?
- Talk to a dentist online for free