Doctor insights on:
Can I Get A Dry Socket 6 Days After My Tooth Was Pulled
I got a wisdom tooth pulled 3 days ago and the scab is gone is this OK will I still get dry socket?
Dry socket: If you get a dry socket, they usually occur within 1-2 days after an extraction, and are very painful. Make sure you follow the post-op instructions given to you by the surgeon and keep the surgical site clean. You might want to call the surgeon to see if they want to examine the surgical site before your next scheduled appt. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It is possible: it is important to wait at least 72 hours before smoking after any dental extraction. You must realize that there are chemical toxins in cigarette smoke, which can delay the healing after a surgery, and even cause serious complications such as dry socket. Take this opportunity to stop smoking permanently. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can the pain from a dry socket come and go or is it constant? Tooth pulled 10days ago. 3-5X a day I get severe pain in jaw that lasts abt 20min
See your dentist: Yes it is an intermittent pains that come and go. There are risks associated with teeth removal like with any other surgery. The dry socket is the most common complication that characterized by dull, aching pain and a bad smell or taste coming from the empty tooth socket. See your dentist for post-op evaluation and dry socket treatment if needed. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i get pregnant 6 days after my period?
- Exercising after dry socket treatment
- When can i drink alcohol after getting treated for dry socket
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i smoke after my tooth was pulled out?
- Can i be pregnant 6 days after my period?
- Can i become pregnant 6 days after my period?
- Can i get pregnant 6 days before my period?
- Talk to a dentist online for free