Doctor insights on:
Can I Get A Dry Socket 6 Days After My Tooth Was Pulled
I got a wisdom tooth pulled 3 days ago and the scab is gone is this OK will I still get dry socket?
Dry socket: If you get a dry socket, they usually occur within 1-2 days after an extraction, and are very painful. Make sure you follow the post-op instructions given to you by the surgeon and keep the surgical site clean. You might want to call the surgeon to see if they want to examine the surgical site before your next scheduled appt. ...Read moreAsk a doctor now ›
Yes: A dry socket will present as intense/increasing pain typically 48 hours after a tooth extraction. It is caused by exposed bone in an area that has lost it's blood clot. Treatment is to have a medicated dressing placed into the affected area. Antibiotics will not help a dry socket. ...Read moreAsk a doctor now ›
Very likely: For most people who develope dry sockets after tooth removal...Appears after a few days following the event. It doesn't happen immediately. That pain a few days after extraction is probably a dry socket. To help yourself go back and see the doctor who will pack in a sedative material in the hole. It may work the first time or take many visits. It could be something else...So go. ...Read moreAsk a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i smoke after my tooth was pulled out?
- Can i get pregnant six days after my period?
- Can i get pregnant a few days after my period?
- Can you drink alcohol after getting a tooth pulled?
- Can i get pregnant 20 days after my period?
- Can you get a dry socket after a week?
- Can i get pregnant 6 days before my period?
- Can i get pregnant 5 days after my period?
- Talk to a dentist online for free