Doctor insights on:
Can I Exercise With A Hernia
Hi, I have a small hiatus hernia and don't know what kind of exercise can I do. Can someone please help me. I want to exercise.
Hiatal hernia: A small hiatal hernia, meaning no bigger than 2cm, shouldn't be a problem when it comes to exercise. It may cause you some heartburn, and strenuous exercise may exacerbate that a bit, but for the most part you should be able to do whatever exercises you want to. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Walking: This problem is not improved with exercise. Imagine an old innertube tire with a weak area and bulging of the innertube. This doesn't get better with stress or increased inflation; it has to be fixed. Your only option outside of surgery is a truss to hold pressure on the area. I wish we had an alternative to surgery, especially for the smaller, bothersome hernias. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Indirectly, at best.: A hiatal hernia, by definition, is an enlarged opening in the diaphragm muscle that separates the chest from abdominal cavity. It is often used interchangeably with gerd; while often both present, they are distinctly separate diseases. Exercise may indirectly help gerd by leading to weight loss but it will not improve the anatomical abnormality of a hiatal hernia. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Past 6 months before I do an hernia operation, am a weight lifter but past 7 months i don't do exercise , but now i needto go gym, please give suugestion?
Walk and run: Get out and hike.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i exercise with a bruised tailbone?
- What exercise can i do with a strained latissimus dorsi?
- Can i exercise with a cervical herniated disc?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i exercise with a bulging disc?
- Can i exercise with a torn meniscus?
- What exercise can i do with a hip sprain?
- Can you exercise with a hiatal hernia?
- Talk to a holistic medicine practitioner online for free