Doctor insights on:
Can I Exercise With A Hernia
A hernia is a hole in the abdominal wall thru which the inner lining protrudes thru, creating a sac. Organs from within the abdominal cavity, such as the intestine, can protrude thru the hole and get stuck in the sac. Many hernias develop during fetal life and become evident in childhood or as an adult. Some develop following a prior abdominal operation. The cornerstone ...Read more
Hi, I have a small hiatus hernia and don't know what kind of exercise can I do. Can someone please help me. I want to exercise.
Hiatal hernia: A small hiatal hernia, meaning no bigger than 2cm, shouldn't be a problem when it comes to exercise. It may cause you some heartburn, and strenuous exercise may exacerbate that a bit, but for the most part you should be able to do whatever exercises you want to. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Walking: This problem is not improved with exercise. Imagine an old innertube tire with a weak area and bulging of the innertube. This doesn't get better with stress or increased inflation; it has to be fixed. Your only option outside of surgery is a truss to hold pressure on the area. I wish we had an alternative to surgery, especially for the smaller, bothersome hernias. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Indirectly, at best.: A hiatal hernia, by definition, is an enlarged opening in the diaphragm muscle that separates the chest from abdominal cavity. It is often used interchangeably with gerd; while often both present, they are distinctly separate diseases. Exercise may indirectly help gerd by leading to weight loss but it will not improve the anatomical abnormality of a hiatal hernia. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i exercise with a bruised tailbone?
- What exercise can i do with a strained latissimus dorsi?
- Can i exercise with a cervical herniated disc?
- Can i exercise with a prostate infection?
- Can i exercise with a bulging disc?
- Can i exercise with a torn meniscus?
- What exercise can i do with a hip sprain?
- Can you exercise with a hiatal hernia?
- Talk to a holistic medicine practitioner online for free