Doctor insights on:
Can I Exercise While I Have An Eye Infection
What type of workout: Most eye infections are limited to the outside of the eye and in almost all cases, as long as you are being treated you can exercise. More importantly than whether you can exercise is the type and location of exercise. It is not a good idea to swim or share gym equipment if you have an infection, since you can transfer it to others. You should ask your eye doctor about your specific infection. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Eye infection is a medical condition characterized by symptoms such as redness, swelling, itchiness, and discharge. It can be caused by viral or bacterial infection, and often it is difficult to distinguish between the two. In general, bacterial infections are more likely to be in both eyes and be associated with pus like discharge and crusting of the ...Read more
Exercise & eye infxn: As long as your vision isn't impaired to the point that it would increase your risk of injury while having an eye infection it should be safe to do so. If it is somewhat impaired you may be able to exercise by riding a stationary exercise bike or doing other exercises that don't require perfect balance and vision. ...Read more
Pain, redness: The usual infection from contacts is due to overwear, and poor wearing habits. If your eyes start to hurt, get very red, have discharge and the vision changes, this is a strong possibility. Remove your lenses, see your ophthalmologist and adopt better wearing habits. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Wait 5-10 minutes between drops though.Get a more detailed answer ›
I have an eye infection & its very contiguous . I have eye drops that I need to use every three hours for a week & I have school,should I stay home?
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i exercise if i have an inner ear infection?
- How can i tell if i have an eye infection from contacts?
- How can i tell if i have allergies or an eye infection?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i wear an eye patch while driving to correct double vision?
- Can i get pregnant while having an underactive thyroid?
- When can i wear eye makeup and contacts after an eye infection
- Can i put ketoconazole on an elbow that seems to have a fungal infection?
- Talk to a pediatrician online