Doctor insights on:
Can I Eat Before Thyroid Blood Test
Unclear question: What is a "bac reading"? It may help if you spell out your concern. ...Read more
I'm taking a blood test for my thyroid is five hours, can I eat or drink anything or will it affect my blood test?
I50 yr. Old f, 20 lbs. Over weight. Exercise and eat healthy. Is there a weight lloss pill my dr.Can prescribe? Have thyroid cond. Blood test good?
How can I lose weight when I am hypo thyroid? I am taking levothyroxine .175 and blood test said was balanced. I am 49 and eat healthy/exercise w/150
Check other things: Losing weight does become harder with age but get some things checked. Get your resting metabolism rate checked (wt loss centers do this), have your free T3 (liothyronine) checked since that can help with wt loss maintenance, eat less, and consider getting your other hormones tested for menopause/andropause and or adrenal fatigue. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
TSH: When a doctor orders a blood test to look at the thyroid and its function, they might order a tsh, which stands for thyroid stimulating hormone. You can also look at T3 (liothyronine) and T4 levels, which represent the serum amounts of the products produced by the thyroid and its general activity. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
See below: T4 and T3 (liothyronine) are two major thyroid hormones and can be measured accurately in blood. The levels will be low if you thyroid is functioning less than normal. See this site for more info. http://www.thyroid.org/wp-content/uploads/patients/brochures/FunctionTests_brochure.pdf ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can i eat before fasting for a blood test?
- Hemoglobin a1c can i eat before test
- Can you eat before a blood test for pregnancy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i drink before blood test?
- Can i drink before a fasting blood test?
- Can i drink coffee before a blood test?
- Can i drink alcohol before a blood test?
- Talk to a pathologist online for free