Doctor insights on:
Can I Eat Asparagus If I Have Gerd
Make it worse : Avoid foods that make your symptoms worse. This is by trial and error. Common gerd inducing foods and drinks include fatty foods, chocolate, caffeine, alcohol, and citrus. Stress and exercise can also worsen symptoms. If its too bad, consider a consultation with a surgeon experienced in anti reflux procedures. ...Read more
Less fat, : Start with smaller meals less fat or fried food more whole fresh fruits and vegetables minimize caffeine- coke- coffee and tea from your diet. Try to eliminate for the short term see a doctor to determine if you need additional treatment and testing if the above doesnt produce satisfactory results. ...Read more
Acid...: Stomach acid is neutralised by food...so feels better. ...Read more
I have GERD how can I cure or control it without meds. I don't eat foods that aggravate it . I hate being on the meds for months at a time.
Tough: This is a very common problem without a great answer. Foods such as coffee, tea, peppermint, onions, garlic and carbonated beverages can worsen it. I would not eat anything 3 hours before you go to bed, keep the head of your bed up, and you may want to use sulcralfate, which is not absorbed and is totally safe. ...Read more
Care about GERD: That's why there's acid blockers! but if not controlled exposure of stomach contents to your esophagus can lead to progressive erosions, ulcers, strictures (that get narrower as the scar tissue involved contracts) that trap food, barrett's esophagus (intestinalized tissue), & ultimately esophageal adenocarcinoma. Also may see laryngitis, airway irritability, asthma, chronic sinusitis, ear clicking. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i eat quinoa if i have diverticulosis?
- Can i eat ice cream if i have a sore throat?
- Can i eat tofu if i have kidney disease?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i eat figs if i have kidney failure?
- Can i eat pomegranates if i have had a kidney transplant?
- What can i eat if i have abdominal adhesions?
- Can i eat seaweed if i have hyperthyroidism?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online