Doctor insights on:
Can I Eat Anything I Want After The Bcir
Diet after BCIR: Probably no. I would start with bland foods and advance slowly. I am sure there willbe a nutrionist in the hospital for nutritional counseling. High acidity foods and concentrated foods (high on fat) are likely to trigger diarrhea and discomfort. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Reservoir: Barnett continent intestinal reservoir (bcir) surgery is sort of a compromise. In bcir, a colon surgeon creates an internal pouch from your small intestine. The pouch takes over the function of the rectum (stores waste inside the body). You then empty the pouch by inserting a catheter into a stoma several times a day. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
BCIR: The bcir is a surgically-created pouch, or reservoir, on the inside of the abdomen, made from the last part of the small intestine (the ileum), and is used for the storage of intestinal waste. For details: www.Bcir.Com. ...Read more
Valve Type: Both of these are types of continent ileostomy pouches that store stool intra-abdominally and allow the user to drain it through a catheter at will. The difference between the two is in the exit valves and associated complications - the bcir is really just a newer modification to the original kock pouch. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can my false teeth allow me to eat anything i want?
- Why do i have to go to the bathroom right after i eat?
- Can i eat spicy food after tooth extraction?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- When can i eat solid food after tooth extraction
- When can i eat real food after tonsillectomy
- Can i wash the penis after circumcision?
- Can i get pregnant after removing the copper iud?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free