Doctor insights on:
Can I Eat Anything I Want After The Bcir
Diet after BCIR: Probably no. I would start with bland foods and advance slowly. I am sure there willbe a nutrionist in the hospital for nutritional counseling. High acidity foods and concentrated foods (high on fat) are likely to trigger diarrhea and discomfort. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Reservoir: Barnett continent intestinal reservoir (bcir) surgery is sort of a compromise. In bcir, a colon surgeon creates an internal pouch from your small intestine. The pouch takes over the function of the rectum (stores waste inside the body). You then empty the pouch by inserting a catheter into a stoma several times a day. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
BCIR: The bcir is a surgically-created pouch, or reservoir, on the inside of the abdomen, made from the last part of the small intestine (the ileum), and is used for the storage of intestinal waste. For details: www.Bcir.Com. ...Read more
Depends!: It's going to depend on your surgeon's expertise, the hospital you choose, your disease state, your current anatomy, your surgical history, other major health issues (like kidney, heart, lung or liver disease), the medications you take (eg immunosuppressants). In general, i would imagine death to be less than 1 in a 100. You should consult with an expert: http://www.Fascrs.Org/. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Valve Type: Both of these are types of continent ileostomy pouches that store stool intra-abdominally and allow the user to drain it through a catheter at will. The difference between the two is in the exit valves and associated complications - the bcir is really just a newer modification to the original kock pouch. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- My stomach hurts after i eat anything
- Do i need a blood transfusion after bcir?
- Why am i so tired after i eat anything?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do i need to limit my diet after bcir?
- Can i wear tight fitting clothing with my bcir?
- I want a tubal ligation or anything to stop my period permanently
- Is there anything else i can take to speed up weight loss when i exercise watch what i eat?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free