Doctor insights on:
Can I Easily Transfer My Hepatitis A Infection By Breathing On My Loved Ones
Hepatitis is an inflammatory condition of the liver. Almost all cases are caused by viruses, including most commonly hepatitis a, hepatitis b, and hepatitis c, or by toxins (eg alcohol). The liver swells, it doesn't work properly leading to a failure to detoxify some biochemical substances, and a failure to excrete bilirubin, leading to jaundice. Some cases are fatal, ...Read more
NO: Hepatitis b is a dna virus which will infect its host regardless of race. However, this virus is passed through blood and vaginal or seminal fluids, which has resulted in increased frequency of infection within drug seeking populations or populations engaging in unprotected sex. There are also high risk groups, such as asians which have a higher incidencence of hepatitis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: Did anyone else ever use that razor blade? If so, you are putting yourself at risk for transmission of bloodborne infections such as hepatitis b, hepatitis c, and hiv. Even if you were the only one to ever use it, i would discourage you from shaving with a rusty razor blade as you can contract other bacterial infections including tetanus. Get a new razor! ...Read more
Can you tell me if I have also used a rusty blade can I get hepatitis or any other blood infection?
Confusing question: A rusty blade is more likely to give you a bacterial infection around the cut if the blade was contaminated with germs. Hepatitis would only be an issue if the blade was contaminated with this set of viruses.Untreated wounds can give rise to localized infection that can spred to the blood if not treated. ...Read more
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i wear contacts if i have a corneal scar on one of my eyes?
- Can i just pop a dental abscess on my own?
- Why do i have a white spot on one of my nipples?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i take a pregnancy test while on my period?
- How can i treat a pulled muscle on my side?
- How can i get rid of a dental abscess on my own no insurance now?
- How do i cure a fungal infection on my face that is resistant to azole drugs?
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free