Doctor insights on:
Can I Drive Myself To And From The Radiation Treatments
This is light of extremely short wavelengths typically produced either among the stars / in cosmic rays or by radioactive element decay. Gamma rays form the background of normal radiation in which we all live; it is substantially greater than the exposure we get from imaging scans or should get from ...Read more
Would you be able to drive yourself home after radiation therapy or chemotherapy for breast cancer?
ASK YOUR MD: The oncologist(cancer specialist) can answer your question more effectively, however radiation therapy usually allows a self-drive home. Chemotherapy, depending upon the "cocktail" used produces a lot of nausea/vomiting and generally not a good idea to self drive home. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: You may take a shower. Use a mild soap such as dove, then rinse off. Avoid scrubbing or using anything that may cause friction to the treatment area. While drying off, gently pat the treated area with a soft towel and do not rub hard. ...Read more
Cumulative &delayed: if a patient is going through fractionated radiation therapy during which they receive daily low dose treatments then typically it is the same amount delivered every day but the effects are cumulative on your normal body and thus side effects can worsen the longer you are treated for. The effects are experienced in a delayed manner so your body may not have side effects for the first 1-2 weeks. ...Read more
Patience, time: The effects of radiation therapy take time to resolve. Appetite is one that may take some time and may be slowed in recovery by other continuing medical problems and medicines. The cancer that caused the need for radiation may also cause loss of appetite as can depression and other medical illnesses. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i take a shower during radiation treatments?
- How can i keep myself from cheating on my diet this week?
- Can i stop myself from having a nightmares and waking him up?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i prevent myself from getting lice at work?
- Can i remove a spider nevus from my hand myself?
- Can i hurt myself or the baby from sleep walking while on ambien?
- How can i stop myself from getting sleepy everytime i eat?
- Talk to a environmental health specialist online for free