Doctor insights on:
Can I Drink When On Penicillin
Doxycycline: Doxycycline for 2-4 weeks is recommended if penicillin cannot be given, or sometimes ceftriaxone. However, penicillin is by far the best drug. If you had a severe penicillin allergy in the past, then probably penicillin should be avoided. Otherwise, it still might be the best choice for you. Discuss it with your doctor or, even better, an infectious diseases or STD specialist. ...Read more
Probably: Alcohol does not affect the metabolism of penicillin. Some antibiotics may be highly metabolized by the liver and thus, there excretion may be prolonged in patients with liver disease. If your alcohol consumption is not excessive and you do not have liver disease, it is probably inconsequential that you are taking an antibiotic. ...Read more
Probably OK, but...: There is no interaction between penicillin and alcohol; it should be safe to drink alcohol in moderation. However, alcohol may not be good for the infection being treated. Probably no serious problem if you don't drink heavily, but it would be best to check with the doctor who prescribed it. ...Read more
No need for penVK: No studies have been published on the use of antibiotics to prevent infection after root canal treatment. Clinical trials investigating of prophylactic antibiotics to minimize post treatment infections have found antibiotics to be of no benefit. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i drink alcohol while taking penicillin?
- Can i drink alcohol while taking penicillin vk 500 mg?
- Can you drink alcohol on penicillin?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you drink alcohol while on penicillin?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking penicillin?
- Can you drink alcohol on penicillin antibiotics?
- When can i breastfeed after drinking alcohol
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online