Doctor insights on:
Can I Drink Prune Juice While Breastfeeding
Breastfeeding is providing nutrition to an infant using breat milk either directly by infant latching and sucking on the nipple or by feeding via bottle with expressed breast milk (when baby has difficulty suckling). Breast milk is the best milk for any baby but ...Read more
Breastfeeding and my 4 month old baby boy hasn't had a stool movement in 2 days. Should i worry? What should I do? I've tried prune juice to help.
Breast or formula ?: Breast fed infants can go a little every feed or overflow a diaper once a week. If it is soft when they go i don't worry about it. Formula fed babies usually have a more predictable pattern of daily stools. If stools are getting hard, i often try full strength prune juice, 1oz once or more/d.Takes about 3d to get things moving. ...Read more
Yes: Not a problem with those two meds. ...Read more
How much sugar is too much? I drink prune juice daily for constipation & it contains 30 grams per serving. I have 2 servings daily.
Yes: Not a problem.Get a more detailed answer ›
Why is it that everytime i drink prune juice for constipation I have to run to the bathroom with horrible painful diarreah and gas?
Osmotic laxative : Prune naturally contains sorbitol which has a mild laxative action. Prunes also contain large amounts of phenolic compounds (e.g. Neochlorogenic and chlorogenic acids), which are also though to have laxative properties. Once the cause of your constipation is diagnosed, a non-osmotic laxative may work better for you. Or simply eat a prune or two. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i drink prune juice while pregnant?
- Can i drink citric juices while breastfeeding?
- Can i drink cranberry juice while breastfeeding?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is prune juice bad to drink while breastfeeding?
- Can you drink cranberry juice while breastfeeding?
- Can i drink aloe vera juice while pregnant?
- Can i drink camomile tea while breastfeeding?
- Talk to a pediatrician online