Doctor insights on:
Can I Drink Grapefruit Juice When Taking Metoprolol Succinate
I am taking metoprolol succinate er 50 Mg twice a day. It is now more expensive. Is it OK to ask Dr for metoprolol tartrate 50 Mg twice a day?
I am taking metoprolol succinate ER 25mg once a day for my high bp from 1 month.. but now my bp is 120/80. Can i reduce dose to 12.5 mg?
No not yet : the fact that your BP is now 120/80 (normal is 130/80 or less) is because the medicine is working. Depending on your co-morbidities and age, you may be best served staying on it. 25 mg is a very very small dose, by the way. Having said that, if u want to get off of it, make a sincere effort to limit ur dietary salt intake to 2000 mg or less/day, and exercise atleast 300 min/ week. ...Read more
I m 44years my BP is mostly coming 130/ 90-92.I m taking metoprolol succinate extended release tablets.Is it ok at this age. I felt giddines once?
Yes: Although it seems paradoxical, it is sometimes prudent to use a beta-blocker at the same time as a beta-agonist. I assume that the albuterol is being used as an inhaler. If you are wheezing, and you respond to albuterol, you may benefit from inhaled albuterol (typically a short course, as other therapies are likely to be beneficial in chronic use.) there can be untoward side effects. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Metoprolol: Tartrate is shorter acting drug than succinate so can be additive for about 12 hours if taken simultaneously. ...Read more
Normally, yes: Taking them at the same time should not be a problem for most people. ...Read more
No: It's an irrational combination. One is long acting and the other is short acting. Use one once a day or the other twice a day. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you drink grapefruit juice when taking blood pressure and thyroid meds?
- Can i drink grapefruit juice with lipitor?
- Can i drink grapefruit juice with wellbutrin?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can a diabetic drink grapefruit juice?
- Can i drink alcohol when taking an antibiotic?
- Can i drink wine when taking terbinafine?
- Why avoid grapefruit juice when taking lexapro?
- Talk to a cardiologist online