Doctor insights on:
Can I Drink Coffee While On Coumadin
Is it okay to take green coffee bean extract if I am on a blood thinner (coumadin)? And can't drink green tea?
I would like to take green coffee bean supplements for weight loss. I am taking Coumadin (warfarin) after a mechanical aortic valve replacement surgery 9 years a?
Yes: An occaisional beer should not be an issue for patients taking coumadin (warfarin). Excessive alcohol consumption, which can lead to bleeding in the stomach and liver dysfunction should be avoided because these problems will be compounded by coumadin (warfarin). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Im on Coumadin (warfarin) and everyweek i loose blood could this make me dhydrated if so what do I drink?
Just liquids: Coumadin (warfarin) is a blood thinner, it reduces clotting: how are you losing blood? Only trauma (a cut, bruise etc) would allow the effects of Coumadin (warfarin) to reduce blood volume. Your dosage may need to changed. Speak to an md, especially a hematologist. Hydration has no effect on how the medication works, other than it is healthy to stay hydrated. ...Read more
Sure BUT!!!!: I would advise anyone on Coumadin (warfarin) not to drink and if so, to drink no more that 1-2 ounces of alcohol in a 24 hour period. The risk of falls and severe injury, bleeding and even death is too great. The physical and immediate act fo taking the dose with alcohol is probably not a major issue, but why would you do it? There are not many medications that i take more serious than using coumadin (warfarin). ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i drink alcohol while taking coumadin?
- Can i drink iced coffee while pregnant?
- Can i drink coffee while im pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i drink decaf coffee while breastfeeding?
- Can i drink lemongrass tea while taking coumadin?
- Can i drink coffee while trying to get pregnant?
- How much coffee can i drink while breastfeeding?
- Talk to a cardiologist online