Doctor insights on:
Can I Drink After A Minor Concussion
Can I drink five weeks after sustaining a minor concussion? No extreme symptoms, and less than 10 drinks
Less than 3!: It is not a good idea to drink more than 2-3 drinks a day, and then not every day After a head injury there can be delayed problems. Drinking too much may cause symptoms that are hard to tell from a problem related to your concussion. Have 1 or 2 a couple of times a week. If you drink more than that you risk falling down and hitting your head again! Amongst other problems from too much booze. ...Read more
Minor concussion a week ago. Symptoms completely gone after 2 days. When can I go back to exercising, drinking alcohol, and drinking coffee?
Do not rush: you may find that exercise brings back symptoms of your concussion. Do not rush trying to get back to full exercise tolerance. Start slowly and build up slowly. You may find that alcohol may be more compromising than it has been in the past. Moderation should be the rule. The same with coffee and other caffeine containing drinks. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I suffered a minor concussion 9 days ago. My only lasting symptom was a minor headache which ceased about three days ago. Can i drink tomorrow night?
Wouldn't recommend: After a brain injury, it would be better to avoid alcohol and any other nervous system depressant for quite a while. Remember, it the only one your have or will ever get. Take care of it now. It has to last a life time! discuss this with your pcp, neurologist or ns who treated you. ...Read more
Had a minor concussion 6months ago. been in a fog,dizziness,pressure in my head ever since. If I start drinking now, will I do permanent brain damage?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i take a pregnancy test after i have been drinking alcohol?
- Can i accidentally die from taking a sleeping pill after drinking some wine?
- Can i drink after a tooth extraction?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i drink after a root canal?
- Can i drink coffee after a heart attack?
- Can i drink after getting a flu shot?
- Can i sleep after a concussion?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free