Doctor insights on:
Can I Die From Uterine Prolapse If I Ignore It
Rarely: Severe prolapse can cause partial urinary retention, or inability to completely empty the bladder. This can silently damage the kidneys, causing renal failure and even death of a kidney. This happens only with neglected severe prolapse, usually in an elderly woman. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends on problem: Meshes have been used intravaginally since development of the sling by ulmstead in the late 90's. Current fda warnings are for vaginally placed mesh reconstruction kits. If you have mesh and are having no problems, nothing to do. A good resource for a good doctor to help would be www.Sgsonline.Org. These guys are well trained and are scattered across the country. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Sometimes: It is not always painful when the uterus falls down or out. In fact, it is not usually painful. It can be though when it is accompanied by the bowels in a herniation of sorts called an enterocele. Also, it can become raw and infected as it dries and remains exposed to the elements, thus causing pain. If it pinches the urethra shut it can cause significant pain and problems. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes, it's possible: Although uterine prolapse is more common in patients who have delivered multiple children vaginally, it can occur in virgins who perform a lot of "straining" tasks that require an increase in abdominal pressure pushing the uterus downward until the supporting ligaments "relax". Gravity is "the enemy" of such a uterus. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i die from cervical spine stenosis if i ignore it?
- Can i die from varicocele if i ignore it?
- Can i die from doxylamine overdose if i ignore it?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i die from breast fibroadenoma if i ignore it?
- Can i die from kidney stones if i ignore it?
- Can i die from parotitis if i ignore it?
- Can i die from pinguecula if i ignore it?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free