Doctor insights on:
Can I Die From Toxoplasmosis If I Ignore It
Rare infection: Toxoplasomosis is a rare infection that can cause problems if it occurs in pregnancy. The main source of toxoplasmosis in the United States is undercooked meat, not cats as everyone assumes. Outdoor cats that kill their own food may introduce toxoplasomosis into the home by passing the organism into their litter box. Indoor cats that consume food that is provided to them will not get toxo. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Several ways: Cats are the definitive host for toxoplasmosis, that is, the sexual life cycle for the organism takes place in their intestines. The oocysts are then passed in the stool and become infectious to humans after a few days of maturing. Many people, however, acquire toxoplasmosis by eating undercooked meat that contain cysts in the tissues rather than from cat droppings. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Cat feces: Litter boxes are the most obvious. Unfortunately, cats get around, so their feces are almost everywhere in soil. Cows can inadvertently eat cat feces when in pasture. You can get toxo from eating undercooked meat, drinking unpasteurized milk, or handling soil without gloves or washing hands. And, of course, from cleaning up after your cat. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i die from myocarditis if i ignore it?
- Can i die from rheumatic fever if i ignore it?
- Can i die from tinea if i ignore it?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i die from swollen foot if i ignore it?
- Can i die from essential tremor if i ignore it?
- Can i die from lymphoma if i ignore it?
- Can i die from whiplash if i ignore it?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online