Doctor insights on:
Can I Die From Tinea If I Ignore It
Common infection: Tinea is a common fungal infection of the skin. It can be transferred from surfaces (showers, floors, towels) or from one place on your skin to another. It is unusual to see this type of skin infection spread throughout a family. It is easily treated in most cases. Other skin conditions can look similar, though, so if it is not responding to treatment, you should see a dermatologist. ...Read more
I have the fungus tinea basically all on body and I want to know how can I treat it because it's so irritating and ichy?
See your doc....: It's unusual to have tinea "all" over. One looks for an off colored area (usually red) with a raised edge/border that's localized. Have your doctor look at it to determine if a local ointment/cream is needed (if it's localized in the folds of the body) , or a pill (fluconazole) is needed. Finally, it would be prudent to also get an HIV test done, to ensure this diagnosis isn't missed. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Takes a minimum : Of 2-4 weeks of religious use. If it is somewhat better in 1.5 weeks, stick with it. If not, then see a doctor and get a prescription for a different antifungal. In addition, sometimeswhat you think is tinea pedis is something else which needs to be diagnosed and treated properly. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i die from cervical spine stenosis if i ignore it?
- Can i die from varicocele if i ignore it?
- Can i die from doxylamine overdose if i ignore it?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i die from uterine prolapse if i ignore it?
- Can i die from breast fibroadenoma if i ignore it?
- Can i die from kidney stones if i ignore it?
- Can i die from parotitis if i ignore it?
- Talk to a dermatologist online