Doctor insights on:
Can I Die From Swollen Foot If I Ignore It
Just means fluid is collecting in the tissues. When only 1 foot is swollen, it usually means the cause is local (something going on with in the foot), but if both feet are swollen, it usually means your body is retaining fluid, and the only reason it's showing up in the feet is that gravity thing. If you stood on your head all day, ...Read more
Lots of things: There are many causes of swelling (edema) of just one of your feet. They include: injuries such as fracture or sprain, inflammatory conditions like gout or arthritis, infections, injury from a puncture or splinter, a blood clot or a tumor. Sometimes swelling comes from damage to the circulation from an injury to the knee or groin. This often follows knee or hip replacement surgery. See your pcp. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends : On why they are swollen. You can elevate them, but the key is finding out why they are swollen. Is this all of a sudden? Any varicose veins? On any medication? More info is needed, i think it would be prudent however, to let your internist know of this finding. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends: Depends on the cause: without knowing, elevation is a good idea, ice is good except in cases of gout. Is it painful? Was there trauma? Can it be broken? Stress fracture? Do you have varicose ties in the leg? Ace bandage or compressive wrap can be helpful too but again, part of recommending a treatment is based on finding out the diagnosis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i die from myocarditis if i ignore it?
- Can i die from rheumatic fever if i ignore it?
- Can i die from tinea if i ignore it?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i die from essential tremor if i ignore it?
- Can i die from lymphoma if i ignore it?
- Can i die from whiplash if i ignore it?
- Can i die from toxic megacolon if i ignore it?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free