Doctor insights on:
Can I Die From Bradycardia If I Ignore It
Anything is possible: But it's not likely. Bradycardia is defined as a heart rate <60. Heart rates of >50 are well tolerated by everyone. Heart rates of 40-50 during wakefulness sometimes cause fatigue. Sustained heart rates of <40 usually cause unacceptable fatigue and breathlessness. Pauses of > 3-5 seconds may cause dizziness. Pauses of > 5 seconds often cause blackouts. Pauses of > 2 minutes may cause death. ...Read more
Slow heart rate is a symptom in which a person's heart rate (the number of heart contractions per minute) is less than normal for the average person of the same size, doing the same activities. For adults, slow heart rate usually means a rate below 50-60 beats per ...Read more
A pacemaker: If people have symptomatic bradycardia ie dizzy light headedness etc. The may need a pacemaker. If pts heart rates are low around 30 beats per minute or have 3sec pauses or longer and aren't on any thing like beta blockers etc a pacemaker will help keep the heart rate at a programmed rate to prevent symptoms. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Medication: A slow heart rate can be normal in fit individuals at rest. Many medications, notably beta blockers, slow the heart rate. A slow heart rate can also be due to disease of the av node, which conducts impulses from the atria to the ventricles. This can be due to scarring from heart attack or aging, and is seen in some infections such as lyme disease and chagas disease. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i die from cervical spine stenosis if i ignore it?
- Can i die from varicocele if i ignore it?
- Can i die from doxylamine overdose if i ignore it?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i die from breast fibroadenoma if i ignore it?
- Can i die from kidney stones if i ignore it?
- Can i die from parotitis if i ignore it?
- Can i die from pinguecula if i ignore it?
- Talk to a cardiologist online