Doctor insights on:
Can I Catch Hepatitis B From Food
Hepatitis is an inflammatory condition of the liver. Almost all cases are caused by viruses, including most commonly hepatitis a, hepatitis b, and hepatitis c, or by toxins (eg alcohol). The liver swells, it doesn't work properly leading to a failure to detoxify some biochemical substances, and a failure to excrete bilirubin, leading to jaundice. Some cases are fatal, ...Read more
Yes definitely: That is how it usally spreads.Get a more detailed answer ›
AvoidAlcoholicDrinks: You only need to avoid Alcoholic Drinks ...Read more
Risk of transmission: This way is quite small.Get a more detailed answer ›
Is it unsafe for an inactive hepatitis b carrier to eat alcoholic food that has been cooked or flamed?
Not unsafe: Good for you for being concerned about alcohol. Limiting alcohol consumption is important to protect your liver, especially if you have a viral hepatitis infection. Heating food that has alcohol in it will evaporate the alcohol, leaving just the taste behind (like a red wine reduction sauce) so these are safe to eat. Some people avoid all alcohol because of triggers and should be respected. ...Read more
No: no it cannotGet a more detailed answer ›
I, m 57 yrs old hepatitis b positive man, non alcoholic, takes normal veg food, is it sever, first time shows such a report in 6 month, what to do?
More information : I need more information and a better defined question. ...Read more
Hepatitis b is a viral liver disease. Until vaccines were developed this was a very common cause of hepatitis, and still is in some countries. Hep b is a progressive chronic disease which can lead to cirrhosis and also to cancer of the liver. It is also implicated in the causation ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you catch hepatitis b from kissing?
- How can i protect my baby from the effects of hepatitis b in pregnancy?
- Can i get hepatitis b from kissing?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i get hepatitis c from dried blood?
- Can i drink alcohol after recovery from hepatitis?
- Can you get hepatitis b from kissing?
- Can you get hepatitis b from drinking after someone?
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free