Doctor insights on:
Can I Catch Hepatitis B From Food
Hepatitis b is a viral liver disease. Until vaccines were developed this was a very common cause of hepatitis, and still is in some countries. Hep b is a progressive chronic disease which can lead to cirrhosis and also to cancer of the liver. It is also implicated in the causation ...Read more
AvoidAlcoholicDrinks: You only need to avoid Alcoholic Drinks ...Read more
Risk of transmission: This way is quite small.Get a more detailed answer ›
Yes definitely: That is how it usally spreads.Get a more detailed answer ›
Is it unsafe for an inactive hepatitis b carrier to eat alcoholic food that has been cooked or flamed?
Not unsafe: Good for you for being concerned about alcohol. Limiting alcohol consumption is important to protect your liver, especially if you have a viral hepatitis infection. Heating food that has alcohol in it will evaporate the alcohol, leaving just the taste behind (like a red wine reduction sauce) so these are safe to eat. Some people avoid all alcohol because of triggers and should be respected. ...Read more
No: no it cannotGet a more detailed answer ›
I, m 57 yrs old hepatitis b positive man, non alcoholic, takes normal veg food, is it sever, first time shows such a report in 6 month, what to do?
More information : I need more information and a better defined question. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you catch hepatitis b from saliva?
- Can you catch hepatitis b from kissing?
- Can i get hepatitis b from kissing?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i catch a cold from my horse?
- Can i catch bronchitis from another person?
- Can i catch tonsillitis from someone else?
- Can i catch shingles from someone with chickenpox?
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free