Doctor insights on:
Can I Breastfeed If I Have Been Sedated Recently
Breastfeeding is providing nutrition to an infant using breat milk either directly by infant latching and sucking on the nipple or by feeding via bottle with expressed breast milk (when baby has difficulty suckling). Breast milk is the best milk for any baby but ...Read more
How soon after taking a single IV dose of diazepam (sedation for dental procedure) can I breastfeed my 7m old baby?
If diazepam will remain in my bloodstream for ~24hrs, why should I not breastfeed my 7m old for 2-3 days after a single dose (sedation for dental op)?
To completely clear: the medication from your system takes 2-3 days. In the meantime you can pump and discard your milk so your supply remains brisk. ...Read more
I am breastfeeding a 7m old baby. Is it safe to take a single dose of diazepam (sedation for dental procedure)? I'm afraid I don't know the dose.
Yes: You need to ask your own doctor or anesthesiologist about the specific instructions, which will depend on the medications used and the timing of the surgery. But in general, it is safe to nurse after anesthesia. You may have to "pump and dump" after surgery once or twice, but the exact routine depends on the circumstances. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I currently breastfeed my 6 month old and have recently increased my Prozac from 40mg to 60mg. Is it safe for me to bf him or should I start to ween?
Recently hurt my back and want 2 use meds I have such as tramadol, however I'm breastfeeding. How long after taking med is it safe to breastfeed?
Hi dr..My wife just give birth recently.Her gynae dr give her perindopril for threat her hypertension.And her specialist said it safe for breastfeed?
My baby's 4mon check up is in 1 week. Recently her head started sweating when I breastfeed her. Should I take her in now or is it safe to wait?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i breastfeed if i have recently had anesthesia?
- If i have cysts can i breastfeed
- Can i still do humira shots if i have had skin cancer recently?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i get diabetes if i have never been a candy or sweet eater?
- Can i breastfeed if i have implant?
- How hard can i work out if i have been sedentary?
- Can i take a pregnancy test after i have been drinking alcohol?
- Talk to a pediatrician online