Doctor insights on:
Can I Become Permanently Crazy After Having D Ts
Within 6-96 hrs after abrupt cessation of drinking, an alcoholic may develop withdrawal seizures followed by confusion, florid hallucinations, tremulousness, disorientation, agitation, even combativeness. This could well be life threatening and must be treated within a hospital, even an icu. ...Read more
My boyfriend stopped drinking about a year ago after having sesures and dts. He has resently started thrashing in his sleep. Any relation?
Thrashing in sleep: There are many causes for abnormal movements in sleep, such as rem behavior disorder (normally our muscles are paralyzed when we dream, if this does not happen we can act out our dreams), a nrem arousal disorder (arousals from deep sleep with abnormal movements), or, rarely, even seizures. Sleep apnea can cause arousals with abnormal movements. Unlikely to be caused by stopping alcohol a year ago. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
After a binge of drinking and no sleep days, over dts, have some chest discomfort. Almost like a big rock in there. What could it be?
DTs are dangerous: Dts or delirium tremens are a set of life threatening side effects when someone quits drinking excessive amounts of alcohol. Unlike many drug withdrawls, withdrawling from alcohol is quite risky and requires medical supervision to ensure that someone does not suffer severe medical problems or death. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends: It depends how much you are drinking, and you feel right now - if you are having severe tremor (the shakes), sweats, anxiety, trouble sleeping, agitation, then you are at risk of a seizure soon and dts in another day or two. If you are worried, don't sit there typing and waiting for an online response - call your doctor or go to an emergency room! dt's usually requires drinking at least a pint/d. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- After having sex what can i do to keep sperm to swim inside
- Can i have sex a week after abortion pill?
- Can i take a pregnancy test after i have been drinking alcohol?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long after taking fluconazole can i have intercourse?
- How long until i can have sex after a salpingo oophorectomy?
- How soon after having a hydrocele removed can i start having sex again?
- How long till i can have sexual intercourse after circumcision?
- Talk to an addiction specialist online for free