Doctor insights on:
Can I Be Paralyzed From Discitis If I Ignore It
Infection.: Discitis literally means "inflammation of the disc" which is usually due to an infection. Infections can lead to involvement of adjacent tissues, including the back bones, but also spread. It can lead to meningitis (a feared infection of the covering of the brain/spinal cord) and could escape into the general circulation. This can lead to other organ involvement/damage and very low blood pressure. ...Read more
Usually a : Decompression with an irrigation and debridement or removal of the infected material followed by a fusion which can be done via several approaches depending on the location of infection and the condition of the patient and what otherg types of procedures the patient has had to date and their underlying health and condition. ...Read more
Discitis: Can be suggested on plain x-ray in the presence of disk height loss and irregularity/demineralization of the adjacent vertebral body endplates. Mri with contrast is a better study for evaluation and, if it is suggestive, needle aspiration for culture and cytology is commonly advised. ...Read more
Be seen: The definition of discitis is an infection of the disc not just inflammation. You need to be seen by your physician for this. You can also see an acupuncturist/chinese medicine practitioner because that will help relieve pain and chinese herbs can augment what your regular physician suggests. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i die from myocarditis if i ignore it?
- Can i die from rheumatic fever if i ignore it?
- Can i die from tinea if i ignore it?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i die from swollen foot if i ignore it?
- Can i die from essential tremor if i ignore it?
- Can i die from lymphoma if i ignore it?
- Can i die from whiplash if i ignore it?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free