Doctor insights on:
Can I Ask My Doctor To Induce Me At 39 Weeks
NOT SAFE OR WISE!!!: Your doctor could but i believe a good doctor should not! induction significantly increases risk of a difficult complicated labor that's risky for your baby, increases risk of c-section, jaundice & your baby needing admission to the neonatal intensive care. Do you really want to put your baby at risk just to minimize your discomfort? See http://pregnancy.About.Com/od/induction/a/risksinduction.Htm. ...Read more
Several ways: Typically they give you an IV medication called oxytocin, which is the same hormone that your brain produces to make you go into labor. Sometimes they will do other things, including a couple of different medications in your vagina and cervix. Discuss it with your physician. ...Read more
Yes: If he feels it would benefit to your or baby's outcome. ...Read more
Will a doctor induce you at 39 weeks due to you becoming uncomfortable and suffering from back pain from a previous injury?
I am 39 weeks and head still not engaged. doc said that baby is relatively big and also has 2 loops of cord around neck and suggested c-sec?
Dr wanted to induce at 39 weeks b/c baby hasn't dropped yet. Isn't this a reason not to induce? My baby and i are otherwise healthy w/o complications.
Do not rec that: If you want to go into labor discuss induction with your OB , you can be induced anytime after at or after 39 weeks gestation, I use cervadil to ripen the cervix then rupture of membranes and a little pitiocin if necessary , it is safe when done correctly like I do it and works please discuss with your doc, there are other meds to use also, ideal time to deliver is 39-40 weeks. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- First pregnancy and doctor will induce me at 39 weeks
- Will my doctor induce me at 37 weeks if i have irritable uterus
- Can i ask my doctor for a blood test?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- When can i ask the doctor to strip my membranes
- How to get doctor to induce me 40 weeks?
- Can you get induced at 39 weeks?
- Why might my doctor have asked me to sign a pain contract?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online