Doctor insights on:
Can I Ask For Pain Medications After Breast Reduction Surgery
Which medications should I stop taking before my male breast reduction surgery? I am not on any prescribed medications, but I do take vitamin e, gingko biloba, and a drink a lot of herbal teas. Should i stop using these herbal and vitamin supplements befo
It's a waste of $: Ginkgo biloba failed clinical trials, It's NOT effective. Since it's not a drug, the FDA can't stop the quacks who market it from doing so. As for herbal teas: they taste nice but a typical herbal tea brewed in the typical American way is EXTREMELY weak tea; so dilute that the likelihood of any real biochemical effect is essentially none. BURN THIS in your mind: Skepticism is good for your health. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Months: Numbness post surgery is very common. Depending on the amount of tissue removed during your breast reduction, numbness may last up to 6 months. Some areas of numbness will never recover normal sensation. Approximately 15% of women post reduction mammoplasty have decreased nipple sensitivity that will remain permanent. Discuss with your breast surgeon. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
No easy answer: Not sure what you mean by "firm up". Breast reduction is usually a very satisfying surgery for women that have long been bothered by disproportionately large, heavy and hanging breasts. It can be difficult to maintain fullness in the upper breast. Occasionally breast implants are indicated either at the same time or later. Restoring some of the lost volume may help. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Fairly soon: You should know your size relatively soon after surgery ... About 2 weeks. However, your ultimate shape may take longer to see. Especially if your surgeon performs a vertical scar only reduction, which is my preference, your final shape will take 2 to 3 months to see ... But your results in my opinion will be better. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How will i know when to ask for pain medications after breast implant surgery?
- Can you smoke marijuana for pain after surgery?
- What can i take for severe pain after cavity filling?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long before i can go back to work after surgery for a broken leg?
- Can i take antibiotics and pain medication at the same time for mastitis?
- Can you get hard spots in your breasts after breast reduction surgery?
- Can smoking weed substitute for prescription pain meds after minor surgery?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free