Doctor insights on:
Can I Alternate Acetaminophen And Ibuprofen
What can I take for headaches, if I am allergic to ibuprofen, aspirin, tylenol, (acetaminophen) acetominophen and penicilin?
Headaches: Go see a doctor for an evaluation. You may need a prescription. ...Read more
Ibuprofen is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (nsaid). It works by reducing hormones that cause inflammation and pain in the body. Ibuprofen is used to reduce fever and treat pain or inflammation caused by many conditions such as headache, toothache, back pain, arthritis, menstrual ...Read more
My 4 yr old child has been having a very high fever. I would like to alternate acetaminophen and ibuprofen. How far apart should they be taken?
Busy work: When a kids fever is not responding to either Acetaminophen or Ibuprofen separately it is unlikely to do so if you alternate them.It does give you something to do, but i don't advise the pattern & i never wake a kid for either med. Concentrate of fluid needs & make the dpc aware of the illness. More kids are hospitalized for dehydration than fever. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: Assuming recommended doses, yes.Get a more detailed answer ›
Neither one.: Acetaminophen is not good for a hangover b/c it can be toxic in high doses to the liver which may already be impaired after metabolizing alcohol. Ibuprofen is less injurious to the liver but increases the risk of GI bleeding which goes up after drinking alcohol. The best treatment would be to rest & drink plenty of fluids including water and electrolyte sport drinks. ...Read more
It should be safe.: Ibuprofen and acetaminophen have very little interaction with each other. If you are taking them for pain relief after surgery or an injury, it may be more effective to alternate them 3 hours apart. However, ibuprofen should be taken with caution if you have kidney issues. The same goes for acetaminophen if you have any liver problems. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Alternate ibuprofen and acetaminophen for pain
- Can i take acetaminophen with ibuprofen?
- Can i alternate tylenol and ibuprofen every two hours?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i take ibuprofen and acetaminophen together?
- Can i take acetaminophen and ibuprofen at the same time?
- Can you alternate tylenol and ibuprofen in children?
- Can i take ibuprofen or acetaminophen with cough or cold medicines?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free